Here is my official entrance into the blogosphere. It is perhaps fitting that this blog should be dedicated to military miniatures, modeling, and military history in general. I have devoted much of my life to all three. My chief interest lies in Queen Victoria's "little wars" of the 18th and 19th Centuries, but my interests really do range from ancients to WWII and beyond.
I primarily work in 20mm plastics. They're inexpensive, and the ranges are extensive and varied. Also, they are far easier to convert than metals. I've been pleasantly surprised that in recent years HaT has been releasing more and more sets for the Colonial period, including artillery and cavalry. Other manufacturers have released in the period as well, increasing the range of poses and figures. Most of the conversions I've done so far have related in some way to the Colonial period, creating German askaris, Gurkhas, gun crews, and so on.
In the future, hopefully, I'll have photos and reports to post on my conversions. I also intend to post relevant photos and bits of information related to wargaming, military miniatures, and military history. Look forward to it!
No comments:
Post a Comment